Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Hannah

I started this late that night but had to make the wise choice to get some sleep. Sorry, you are just getting to read it:

To my sweet daughter on your 2nd birthday, I know your daddy is writing you one of his famous birth letters (every child born into our family gets one) but I too wanted to tell you how lucky we all are to get to celebrate this day with you. It has been such a joy watching you grow and blossom over these last 4 weeks. I sometimes get sad that we missed out on those first 2 years, but then I have to quickly remind myself how blessed I am that I have the rest of my life to watch you grow into the amazing person God has most certainly destined you to be.

You have been so brave over the last few weeks and have taken on so much for such a little girl. I know it has not been easy at times but you still somehow always seem to find a smile. When you do smile it's hard not to smile back! One of the many things I love about you is your great affection for people. Even people you hardly know and who can't seem to respect your space, you just seem to handle it all so well for having been through so much. Getting to be on the receiving side of all your sweet hugs, kisses, and even spit baths (this is something they do in China...and yes, she uses real spit on me) is such a treat every day.

I know we still have a long road ahead, but I promise you we will walk it together...forever...as a family. You are so loved! Happy Birthday Hannah!

Now for the fun part...PICTURES!!!

We decided to not do a big party and instead decided to keep it low key...very low key. We got all dressed up and went out to dinner to a place we knew SHE would love, P.F. Chang's. Just our immediate family and Kevin and Amanda Dearing...the old China gang was back together again, and it was a fun, laid back, comfortable night of celebrating this sweet little girl's big day.














We ate.






We played.












We partied.




















We each gave a gift.














(While in China we bought a few things to set aside for future birthdays...tonight's was a pair of traditional Chinese pajamas)


And we danced with balloons.


It was a great night, but like all good things they must come to an end. So we packed up and headed home.


One of the best gifts of the night was waiting for us at home in our mailbox...Hannah's certificate of citizenship. :o)


What a perfect ending to a perfect day. Goodnight!


Sleep tight.


Don't let the bed bugs bite.


See you in the morning light.


Can't wait to do it all over again next year.

2 comments:

rich said...

This is awesome! You guys have really stepped out in faith and I am very proud of my little sister and her family for putting God before all! God bless you guys with this new addition! Happy birthday Hannah!!! I can't wait to meet you! Wish we weren't so far away from each other!!!

Anonymous said...

absolutely adorable. happy thanksgiving, mia pinyi and the ludwicks